Information We Collect and Opting Out of Automatic Collection
We collect the following information that you submit to us voluntarily:
- As you use the Sites, certain information may be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and the browser that you use to visit the Sites. DataTrek may also use “cookies,” “pixel tags” and other tracking technologies, to enable functionality on our websites, as well as a variety of other ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing. DataTrek may use ‘session’ cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and ‘persistent’ cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them), as well as other similar technologies, for a variety of tasks, for instance, to enhance your browsing experience. Pixel tags in our emails and Newsletters may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message or Newsletter from us. These technologies may also be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads.
- We also work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites and Newsletters in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. We also may make use of the following third party software:
- More information can be found out about InfusionSoft’s privacy policies here: https://www.infusionsoft.com/legal/data-protection-faq
- Please note that even if you opt-out, ad-tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
- We may combine the information we collect through these various technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
Use of Information We Collect
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with notifications related to your use of the Sites as well as promotional communications or other similar messaging sent to the email addresses you provide us with. As described below, you may opt out of receiving promotional communications.
We may create anonymized information from Personal Information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Sites and Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose such anonymized information at our discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Sites and to help us communicate with our Users, for instance, to get User feedback or conduct services. However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Sites.
In the event DataTrek goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including pursuant to bankruptcy, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred and consent to such transfer.
We may (and you authorize us to) disclose or retain, for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the below, information we have collected from and about you (including Personal Information) if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or retention is necessary to:
- to respond to subpoenas, warrants served on us or other government request, or otherwise comply with applicable law, court order, judicial or arbitral process;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of DataTrek, the users of our Sites and Services, or third parties.
Choices Regarding Personal Information
If we do ask for Personal Information, we may provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For instance, we may send promotional communications or other similar messaging to our users, which users may opt-out of.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, which are not primarily promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you will be given the choice to opt-out of receiving further communications from us.
We may notify you when your Personal Information is collected by any third party that is not our agent or service provider so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
If and when we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted or marked as inactive from our active databases but may remain in our archives unless otherwise required by law.
Links to Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors and Children
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information in the Sites from those visitors and Users of the Services who are under 18 years old. Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). In fact, the Sites and Services are not intended for children under thirteen (13) or to solicit information of any kind from children under thirteen (13).
However, it is possible that we may inadvertently receive information pertaining to children under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen (13) we will delete the information from our records. If you believe that we have received information about your child that is under the age of thirteen (13), please do not hesitate to notify us using the information below. When we receive your notification, we will delete such information permanently, unless otherwise required by applicable law or legal process. Such notifications can be sent to: email@example.com
DataTrek has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including DataTrek, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. Your use of the Sites and Services is at your own risk.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we may notify you here, by email, by means of a notice on our home page, or by another method we so choose.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Sites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to:
DataTrek Research, LLC
c/o Barton LLP
420 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10170
ATTN: DataTrek California Privacy Requests
Do Not Track
While many current browsers permit you to send a signal to us about your Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences, we do not respond to DNT signals sent from your browser.
DataTrek makes no claims that user content uploaded may be appropriately protected pursuant to privacy and data protection laws outside of the United States. Users from outside the United States, including the European Union, are advised that DataTrek stores personal information on servers within the United States, and they are further advised that personal information uploaded to the Sites and Services may not be protected in accordance with their local laws and regulations. If you upload personal information to the Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. DataTrek is not responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction and makes no representations, warranties or guarantees that it complies with privacy, data protection or cyber security laws or similar laws or regulations outside the United States.
Accordingly, if you are not from the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not create an account for or otherwise utilize the Site or Services. You will not use Site or Services if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.